To enroll in or request to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan for the Spring 2017 policy (coverage period January 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017): IF YOU FAILED TO WAIVE OR WERE DENIED A WAIVER IN THE FALL TERM (THE ANNUAL PLAN), YOU CANNOT WAIVE USING THE SPRING TERM PORTAL...ANY FALL STUDENT ATTEMPTING TO WAIVE IN THE SPRING WILL BE DENIED.
- Log on to: https://www.gallagherstudent.com/students/student-home.php?idField=1155
- Click on ‘Student Waive/Enroll’
- Create a user account or Log in (if a returning user)
- Select the ‘I want to Enroll’ button or the ‘I want to Waive’. If requesting to waive the insurance, you’ll need information found on your current health insurance ID card. Upon completing your online form you will be asked to review the information provided and click ‘submit’ to complete the process. Immediately upon submitting your Online Form you will receive a reference number to verify form receipt.
- Waiver request forms will be submitted for review and verification; results of this verification will be e-mailed to the e-mail address provided during the waiver process.
*If a verified & accepted waiver form for the spring term is not submitted by the deadline- January 31, 2017, you will remain enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan for the remainder of the policy year.
Questions? For more information about Cambridge College Student Health Insurance Plan, including what's covered, how to access benefits, enrollment concerns, waiving coverage, finding participating providers, or replacement ID cards, visit https://www.gallagherstudent.com/students/student-home.php?idField=1155. There you can view personal and dependent coverage information, download a plan brochure, learn more about discounts and wellness services available to you, contact customer service with specific questions about your coverage, or engage in a live chat with a Gallagher Student representative.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all plans are considered comparable, such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, regional HMOs and the following MassHealth plans – Health Safety Net, MassHealth Limited and Children’s Medical Security. Your current plan must provide full coverage in Massachusetts (emergency services only does not qualify).
Attention International Students: You cannot waive coverage unless you are currently enrolled in a fully compliant Affordable Care Act insurance plan through a U.S.-based insurance company and claims administrator.
For additional information on comparable coverage in the State of MA, please visit http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/lawlib/900-999cmr/956cmr5.pdf
The Deadline to waive the Spring health insurance is January 31, 2017. If you do not waive the health insurance by this date, you are responsible for the charge.