Hello Cambridge College Students,
Congratulations on finishing up the Spring term! This week, classes for summer session 1 begin at CC-Global. The summer session for all other classes begins on June 5th. Keep up your momentum by registering for the summer term! If you have not yet registered for summer classes, be sure to do so soon (see the video linked here>>).
Please stay tuned for two more exciting events: our upcoming Student Achievement Awards night, scheduled for June 7th, and our Commencement Ceremony, which will be held on June 11th. Both events celebrate our students’ accomplishments, and we can’t wait to see you there!
Our workshop offerings are continuing in May. Please consider registering for one of the workshops below:
Writer's Workshop with Leah Barcan
Tuesday, May 9, 3:00-4:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. Click here to join the workshop >>
We’ll start with a short (10 min.) mini-lesson on how to become a better writer. For the rest of the block, I will be available to help with any writing-related work.
The Art of the Elevator Pitch
Tuesday, May 9, 4:30-5:30 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. Click here to register >>
Make a great first impression! A bit of preparation will help you to maximize your time, feel confident, and make a good impression with employers. Attendees will be able to develop and practice their 30-second elevator pitch and learn how to develop and maintain a professional network.
Evaluating Information for Research
Tuesday, May 9, 7:00-8:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. Click here to register >>
The ability to evaluate information when doing research on the web is essential for your academic studies, as well as for personal and professional reasons. CC Librarian Jeff Cronin will discuss how to evaluate online sources for bias and accuracy. There will also be an opportunity for questions.
Proofreading and Finishing Strong with Leah Barcan
Wednesday, May 10, 6:00-7:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. Click here to join the workshop >>
Knowing how to proofread and edit a final paper or project ensures that you finish strong.
Reading for Understanding with Leah Barcan
Friday, May 12, 4:00-5:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. Click here to join the workshop >>
We’ll start with a short mini-lesson on how to become a better reader. For the rest of the block, I will be available to help you practice these skills on an assignment.
MTEL Workshop - English as a Second Language
Cambridge College will be offering an MTEL workshop for those who need to take the English as a Second Language test. Education instructor Maria Williams will be offering the following three-session workshop on Saturday mornings in May 2023:
Saturdays, 5/6, 5/13 & 5/20, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (EST) via Zoom
- Session 1: Basic linguistic and sociolinguistic concepts related to instruction, processes and stages of language acquisition, & ESL instructional approaches and best practices
- Session 2: Oral language instruction and assessment & reading comprehension and writing instruction and assessment
- Session 3: Prepare an organized, developed analysis related to one or more of the following: foundations of second-language instruction; second-language and content learning.
CC MTEL support workshops are available to all current Cambridge College students for $75.
To Register for the MTEL Workshop
1. Sign up and complete $75 workshop payment - Click here>>
2. Email your payment receipt to Maria.Williams@go.cambridgecollege.edu
3. Upon receipt, you will receive information about the workshop and Zoom access
English Conversation Group
Our English Conversation Group is designed to help English language learners practice conversational skills in a safe and structured environment. English Conversation Groups meet virtually via Zoom every Monday and Thursday (except federal holidays). There is no charge to attend, but registration is required.
- Every Monday, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. English Conversation Group with Santia Lindor. If you are interested, please register here>>.
- Every Thursday, 5:00-6:00 p.m. (ET) via Zoom. English Conversation Group with Charlie DiSilva. If you are interested, please register here>>.
Congratulations to those of you graduating this term! We are celebrating with you and look forward to seeing you at commencement on June 11th.
Tracy McLaughlin and your Student Success Team
Tracy McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Cambridge College is committed to ensuring that its events, services, and facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, under requirements from the ADA of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. If you need accommodations to help you access our events, services, or facilities, please contact the Office of Disability Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-873-0614.