Skip To Content


CC logo



International Student Office


The International Student Office is located within the Office of Student Affairs. We work closely with each international student, making sure they are able to navigate within their field of studies and are well-versed on the policies related to their immigration status and visa questions. Throughout the academic year, we host events and programs for our international students to provide information about culture, community resources, employment, physical and emotional well-being, as well as other topics.


Our Team:




Maxime Mad-Toingue, Assistant Director of International Student Services, PDSO

Walk-In Hours: Every Tuesday and Wednesday

From: 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) 

Join Zoom Meeting:

Meeting ID: 837 874 5845

Additional appointments must be requested and scheduled in advance


As your Primary Designated School Official (PDSO), I provide professional expertise and support for F-1 visa holders. I advise on adjustment issues, cross-cultural matters and compliance with immigration regulations apply to F-1 students. I also provide guidance on work-related F-1 benefits (CPT, OPT, on/off-campus employment). I work closely with my team of DSOs who serve as a point of contact for you at Cambridge College regional locations. For all questions regarding your F-1 status, please reach out to my office. Welcome to Cambridge College!




Vera Dimoplon, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, DSO  

Office Hours: Every Monday and Thursday

From: 11:00AM-1:00PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Meeting ID: 932 2722 8942

                                                                   Additional appointments must be requested and scheduled in advance                                                                  


In my role as a Designated School Official (DSO), I work with international students on helping them maintain their F-1 status while they are students at Cambridge College. In addition, I am happy to meet with international students to discuss questions about academic culture and cultural awareness, as well as cultural shock and how to successfully adjust to a new cultural environment.


Prospective International Students

Interested in studying with Cambridge College? Learn more about the application process and required documents, or contact an Admissions Counselor for assistance.

Go to Prospective International Students

Current International Students

Already a member of the Cambridge College community? The International Student Office is here to support you throughout your educational journey.

Go to Current International Students

Maintaining F-1 Status


International students must act in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the US Department of Homeland Security. Each international student at Cambridge College are held responsible for following these 10 rules:


  1. To enter the United States, use the I-20 issued by Cambridge College.
  2. Students are responsible for keeping their passport and I-20 valid at all times. Any time when there is a change in the information listed on I-20 (i.e., name, major, sponsor, etc.).
  3. Students must maintain a full course of study during their first term, as well as every term from September to May. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in minimum of 12 credit hours per semester. Graduate students must be enrolled in minimum of 8 credit hours per semester.
  4. When changing one educational level to another within Cambridge College (i.e., bachelor’s to master’s), a new I-20 must be issued to reflect the next degree level.
  5. On-campus employment cannot exceed a total of 20 hours per week while school is in session.
  6. Off-campus employment authorization may only be obtained from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) through the International Student Office. International students may not be employed off campus without authorization from USCIS.
  7. In order to re-enter the United States when traveling abroad, student must obtain a Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) or a Designated School Official (DSO) signature on the I-20 prior to departure. New travel signature is required for each term.
  8. Students are responsible for keeping track of the expiration date on their I-20. I-20 can be extended under certain circumstances.
  9. Students must report a change of residence to the PDSO/DSO and the USCIS within 10 days of the change.
  10. Students must file a tax form by April 15 for each year, regardless whether the student was employed during the previous year or not.


You can find more information about our International Student Services Office on this webpage.

Questions about maintaining your status? Email the International Student Office

Need to make an appointment with the International Student Office?

Click here to request a meeting.



Upcoming Events

Dear Students,


We are pleased to announce an event coming up for students who are under the Temporary Protected Status (TPS). This Workshop is hosted as a partnership between:

  • Boston University International Student and Scholars Office (ISSO)
  • Brandeis University International Student and Scholars Office (ISSO)
  • Emerson College Office of International Student Affairs (OISA)
  • Yale University Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)


Understanding Temporary Protected Status

Presented by: Attorney Dan Berger | Curran, Berger & Kludt Immigration Law


Wednesday, April 7, 4:00 pm EST

Registration required


U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas recently announced Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation for Venezuela and Burma (Myanmar), as well as re-designation of TPS for Syria.


For international students in F-1 status and exchange visitors in J-1 status, it may be advantageous to maintain continued F-1 or J-1 status in addition to filing for TPS.

The session will include:

·         Overview of Temporary Protected Status

·         How and when to register for TPS

·         Considerations about retaining the dual status


Please make sure to register in advance!




English Conversation Groups


About this program: English Conversation Group is a safe place for international students and English Language learners to practice their skills.

Cost: Participation is free to Cambridge College students and their spouses, but registration is required. Students are encouraged to attend the same group to ensure consistency in skill development but can switch to another group if needed. Please only register one time to avoid duplicates.


Monday group meets weekly on Mondays, 10:00 AM-12:00 NOON, via Zoom; Facilitator-Santia Lindor-Blanc. 


Note: If you are attending for the first time, please contact the Facilitator in advance via


Wednesday group meets weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 PM-6:00 PM, via Zoom; Facilitator-Charlie Charlie DiSilva. Register here >>


If you have questions, please contact Vera Dimoplon at  


Best regards,

Office of Student Affairs

Virtual Tour of United Nations Headquarters in New York

Have you ever dreamed of visiting the United Nations Headquarters in New York, NY? Now, the UN is offering a one-hour Virtual Tour (60 minutes) and a virtual UN Tour plus Online Briefing session (90-120 minutes). Sign up today. More information here:

Credit: UN Photo/Rick Bajornas


Student Resources

International Student Life Cycle



Career Services


Center for Career and Professional Development is dedicated to working with each student on finding their career path and guiding them to achieving their highest professional goals.


International students cannot start working until they have proper authorization by their PDSO/DSO. For information regarding international student employment, click here.


Academic Support

Need help writing a paper, composing the final research project, or passing a math class?

Visit Academic Support

Registrar's Office

For questions about:

  • Getting a new ID card
  • Classes offered
  • Course registration
  • Adding/dropping classes before the Add/Drop deadline
  • Withdrawing from a class after the Add/Drop deadline
  • Requesting official transcripts
  • Applying for graduation

Visit the Registrar's Office

Bursar's Office

For questions about:

  • Paying your bill
  • Student health insurance
  • A BR or BO hold on your account

Visit the Bursar's Office

Career Resources:

The Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD)

College Central Network

Other Helpful Links

Academic Calendar

International Student Office policies

Regulations for F1 Students: 8 CFR 214(f)